Level 3 diploma in Personal Training / Where the heck have I been?
So, I am now 6 weeks into my personal training diploma with Train Fitness and as such have gone MIA from my blog and from social media generally. So here is a round up on why and what I have learnt so far.
1. Learning anything after 10 years in the same job is HARD. My brain’s capacity for taking in new information feels limited, the days early on in the course are crammed full of information and theory that you need to learn.
2. There is such a thing as over-revising. I did it and started to just repeat random words in my head, none of which I knew the answer to.
3. Everyone on my course was born in the 90’s… I actually referred to myself as vintage the other day.
4. Weekends go really fast when you’re in a class from 10am – 5pm every Saturday.
5. Coffee is life. I haven’t drank as much coffee as I currently do on this course. It is the only thing that keeps me going some days.
6. It is the one place you can wear gym gear without actually going to the gym. Learning about fitness in fitness clothing is the law.
7. You’ll never skip a cool down or stretch session again. Blood pooling sounds awful!
8. Training people in a gym who know how to train and are training with you to be a personal trainer is weird. There’s no two ways about it.
9. Being watched training people in a gym full of people training is also weird...
10. Buy a stopwatch, counting in your head whilst talking and observing is impossible and juggling your phone whilst doing anything is a total mare.
I hope this is helpful / entertains any budding or newly qualified Personal Trainers. I am genuinely loving the course and being back in a classroom is a very odd feeling at the age of 30!
I’ve been approached by quite a few people on Twitter and because of my blog asking about the course, if anybody has any questions or wants any advice please do just get in touch or drop me a DM @Weights_Wine. I’d be more than happy to help.
My training provider is Train Fitness - check them out and if you're interested I have a referral code.
If, like me, you think perhaps too late in the day to start a new career in personal training my advice would be to go for it. If you truly want it then you can make it happen. You can do anything you set your mind to!
Thanks guys, sorry for my absence!